Physical Medicine & Rehabilitaion - A Glimpse
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) department at NCMH helps patients who have lost various body functions due to afflictions affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones and muscles. The department of Physical Medicine at NCMH is committed to provide care and upgrade the quality of life of patients suffering disabilities or physical impairments.
The department with the support of highly skilled professionals and enhanced infrastructure treats a wide range of conditions including severe sports injuries, strains, sprains, shoulder dislocation, surgery rehabilitation, foot/ankle dysfunction etc. Patients can undergo pain relief programmes like shortwave diathermy, ultrasound, interferential therapy and hydro collator packs, as well as services to improve gait, strength and endurance. The department is also well equipped to care for children with special needs, cerebral palsy and congenital.
Many people who suffer from physical and cognitive illnesses often find it difficult to engage in day-to-day activities and lead a normal life. Occupational therapy is aimed at providing relief to such patients and helps them participate in everyday activities like everybody else. The therapists at the department take a holistic approach to solve a patient's issues, modifying the activity that the patient want to carry out and the environment in which it is carried out to better suit him or her.They are committed to, not only working with the patients, but with their families and larger groups around them.
The professionals at the department take a multi-disciplinary approach to prevent, evaluate and treat different kinds of injuries ensuring people return to normal activities quickly and safely.
Services & Facilities
• Equipped with all the Electrotherapy and Exercise Therapy equipment.
• Various kinds of exercises like balancing, coordination and strengthening training including Rehab protocols help to cater a wide range of patients from Neurologic, Orthopaedic and Hand injury problems.
• Rehabilitation Services for patients with:
• -Traumatic brain injury
• -Spinal cord injury
• -Neurodegenerative disorders
• -Cerebrovascular accidents
• -Arthritic conditions and pain syndromes
• -Ante natal and post natal rehabilitation services
• -Hand injuries including Tendon injuries, Flap repair, Micro vascular surgeries and Amputation
• -Sports injuries
• Comprehensive rehabilitation programs for children with special needs, cerebral palsy, congenital deformities
• Programs for providing pain relief like shortwave diathermy, Ultrasound, TENS, Interferential therapy and Hydro collator packs
• Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
• Services to improve gait
• Strength and endurance of the patients with impaired motor and musculoskeletal problems
• Comprehensive physical care of critically ill patients admitted to ICU
• Neuro developmental therapy for Developmental delay, Trisomy 21 and cerebral palsy